We tried a cucumber-avocado salad in a restaurant last year – it was the only vegan option on the menu, so I reluctantly ordered it. The salad had avocado, cucumber, and onions with lemon juice as a dressing – or that’s what I guessed. It pleasantly surprised me and left me craving for more.
Rarely it happens that after having something is a restaurant, I want to try it at home. This was one such occasion. Once back, I tried various versions of avocado-cucumber salad. After more than a dozen trials, with all of them delicious, I have the winner – a simple recipe with a dressing that we all, in the family, love. I tried mint leaves in the dressing to give a soothing, refreshing taste, and I must say that it has made this salad our hero!
This salad is very filling due to the healthy monosaturated fats in Avocado. Avocados are the most nutrient-dense fruit [Sears et al., 2010]. They are rich in Vitamins A,B,E, and folic acid. Cucumber and Tomatoes are rich in anti-oxidants; I’ve shared in the article “10 healthy foods to eat everyday” about how anti-oxidants are healthy for us and are cancer-preventing and good for health. Long story short: A bowl of this salad is excellent for our healths.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor if you are allergic to any food here. Also, please control the portions.
How to make Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad?
- 2 Avocados – Just about ripe (Not over-ripe)
For a perfect salad, the skin should be dark and not green but avocados shouldn’t be mushy/soft.
- 1 medium-sized Cucumber
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes (Or 1 large Tomato)
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
Chop mint leaves finely.
Dressing: Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chopped mint leaves. You may store this dressing for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Peel the cucumber and chop into small cubes of approximately an inch each.
Peel, deseed, and chop Avocados into small cubes similar in size as Cucumber pieces.
Chop cherry tomatoes into halves.
Add chopped Avocado, Cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl, add the dressing and give a gentle mix. Serve.
Watch Recipe Video: Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
Please Sign up to get the updates!
Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 Avocados Medium Sized
- 1 Cucumber Medium Sized
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Virgin/Extra Virgin
- 5 Cherry Tomato Or 1 Medium Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 5 Mint Leaves Fresh
- 1 Lemon Medium
- Chop mint leaves finely.
- Dressing: Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chopped mint leaves. You may store this dressing for 3-4 days in the refrigerator
- Peel the cucumber and chop into small cubes of approximately an inch each.
- Peel, deseed, and chop Avocados into small cubes similar in size as Cucumber pieces.
- Chop cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Add chopped Avocado, Cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl, add the dressing and give a gentle mix. Serve.